BREEAM is the world’s leading sustainability assessment method for masterplanning projects, infrastructure and buildings. It recognises and reflects the value in higher performing assets across the built environment’s lifecycle, from new construction to in-use and refurbishment. The BREEAM in-use certificate is one of the most important tools for the assessment of sustainable commercial real estate in Poland and Europe. The assessment covers various environmental aspects relating to waste management, water consumption, generally known effects on environmental pollution as well as the responsible use of energy.
The M1 shopping centres have been subjected to certification since 2012. In 2018 METRO PROPERTIES, by way of a re-certification, managed to bring the result for this type of commercial property to the highest level. The complete certification process takes about six months.
In all shopping centres the recommendations of eco audits and light pollution reports have been implemented. Moreover, the procedures and guidelines have been updated, improvements and upgrades of the technical equipment made and additional services and inspections as well as measurements and tests conducted.
METRO PROPERTIES manages a total of 60 retail parks and shopping centres in Germany, Poland and Turkey. In Poland, the M1 brand is one of the most popular shopping centre brands. The high standards of the centres are regularly honoured by customers and renowned specialists. In Germany, our joint venture MEC METRO-ECE Centermanagement GmbH & Co. KG is the leading company for the management of retail parks.
- Certificate BREEAM In-Use - M1 Bytom, PDF 370 KB
- Certificate BREEAM In-Use - M1 Czeladz, PDF 370 KB
- Certificate BREEAM In-Use - M1 Czestochowa, PDF 370 KB
- Certificate BREEAM In-Use - M1 Kraków, PDF 381 KB
- Certificate BREEAM In-Use - M1 Lodz, PDF 370 KB
- Certificate BREEAM In-Use - M1 Marki, PDF 370 KB
- Certificate BREEAM In-Use - M1 Poznan, PDF 371 KB
- Certificate BREEAM In-Use - M1 Radom, PDF 370 KB
- Certificate BREEAM In-Use - M1 Zabrze, PDF 370 KB